National Park Authority
The South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA) is responsible for keeping the South Downs a special place. The SDNPA is also the planning authority for the National Park.
The Authority is a public body, funded by government, and run by a Board of 27 Members.
The functions of the full Authority Meetings include:
- Approving the budget and other major plans and policies
- Taking any decisions where there is a major financial implication (over £100,000)
- Taking any decisions that are not delegated to an officer or committee
The full NPA also appoints the Chair and deputy chair of the authority and appoints members to committees.
There are four committees within the South Downs National Park Authority responsible for Planning, Governance and Policy & Programme. You can find more information about the committees and their members by following the links below:
- Governance Committee
- Planning Committee
- Policy & Programme Committee
- Appointment and Management Committee
We now broadcast all full Authority and Planning Committee meetings through our webcasting portal. You can watch the meetings live or on-demand for up to a year after the meeting.