There are numerous key documents being developed by the South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA), we also have some key reference documents – some of which are shown below.
- Partnership Management Plan
The Partnership Management Plan sets out the overarching five-year strategy for the management of the South Downs National Park. It is a plan that sets out to shape the future of your South Downs National Park.
It brings together and coordinates the aspirations of many different partners who help contribute towards the purposes for which it was designated.
The Plan is the single most important policy document for the National Park. It consists of a vision, three linked strategic themes and 10 outcomes which set where we would like to get to by 2050. The themes and outcomes work together and have equal importance.
- People and Nature Network (PANN)
Formally called the Green Infrastructure Framework, the People And Nature Network (PANN), will help the South Downs National Park Authority and its partners ensure nature is able to function effectively so that all action is coordinated and contributes to a strategic approach.
The updated document, called People And Nature Network: Green Infrastructure in the South Downs and wider South East was launched in August 2020.
- South Downs Local Plan
The South Downs Local Plan covers the entire National Park.
It follows extensive public consultation with local communities and detailed scrutiny and examination by the Government’s Planning Inspectorate, which found the policies to be sound subject to a number of modifications.
The Local Plan has been informed by a range of factors relating to the special qualities of the National Park, including landscape character, biodiversity and cultural heritage of the National Park, Neighbourhood Plans, local housing and economic needs and the impact of climate change.
- Climate Change Strategy and Action Plan
In March 2020, the South Downs National Park Authority formally adopted a Climate Change Strategy and Action Plan with a goal of becoming a ‘Net-Zero’ organisation by 2040.
You can read the principal documents below:
- Corporate Plan
The Corporate Plan for the South Downs National Park Authority shows how the organisation sets its own priorities and delivers the outcomes in the Partnership Management Plan.This makes it easier for us to allocate the resources we need to deliver the plan and to track our progress in delivering it.
The latest Corporate Plan (2021-22) is used in parallel with the Partnership Management Plan, which sets out the over-arching management of the South Downs National Park. Using the Corporate Plan, priorities are set out annually over five years to deliver the outcomes of the Partnership Management Plan. This version sets out priorities for Year 2.
Progress against the priorities in the Corporate Plan are reported annually in our Annual Review.
- Annual Review
The Annual Review records how we have progressed over the year towards the priorities set out in the Corporate Plan.
- Climate Change Adaptation Plan
Climate Change is shaping up to be one of the main causes of environmental change for the National Park in the future. Its impacts on the landscape are likely to be significant and profound – though there are many potential opportunities over the longer term. It is necessary for the National Park Authority to plan ahead in relation to potential climate change impacts. A Climate Change Adaptation Plan is the best way to achieve this.
- Cycling and Walking Strategy
The Cycling and Walking Strategy 2017-2024 sets out our aim and direction for the future of cycling and walking activity and supporting infrastructure in the National Park.
Our ambition is for the South Downs National Park to be home to a network of largely traffic free routes providing opportunities for a range of users of differing abilities and ages, who are using the network for recreation and daily utility journeys.
- Local Code of Corporate Governance
- Statement of Accounts
- Statement of Accounts 2020/21
- Statement of Accounts 2019/20
- Statement of Accounts 2018/19
- Statement of Accounts 2017/18
- Statement of Accounts 2016/17
- Statement of Accounts 2015/16
- Statement of Accounts 2014/15
- Statement of Accounts 2013/14
- Statement of Accounts 2012/13
- Statement of Accounts 2011/12
- Statement of Accounts 2010/11
- Annual Governance Statement 2020/21
- Annual Governance Statement 2019/20 (Addendum)
- Annual Governance Statement 2019/20
- Annual Governance Statement 2018/19
- Annual Governance Statement 2017/18
- Annual Governance Statement 2016/17
- Annual Governance Statement 2015/16
- Annual Audit Letter
- Financial Procedures and Regulations
- Peer Review
- Climate Change Adaptation Plan
- Cycling and Walking Strategy 2017-2024
- Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2020-2025
- Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2020-2025 (summary)
- Natural Flood Management Measures: a practical guide for farmers and landowners of the Solent and South Downs
- Sustainable Tourism Strategy 2015-2020