fbpx Skip to main content

Trees: Apply & View

Trees: Apply & View

You will need permission to carry out work on trees protected by a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) and may also need it if a tree is located within a conservation area. 

If you want to carry out work to a protected tree (and don’t need a felling licence) you will need to fill in the relevant application form using the National Planning Portal.

You should always provide as much evidence as possible to support your case. 

We aim to determine applications for work to a TPO tree in eight weeks and for trees in a conservation area in six weeks.


"The Downs...too much for one pair of eyes, enough to float a whole population in happiness."