fbpx Skip to main content

Enforcement: report a breach

Enforcement: report a breach

Please note if you live in Lewes, Chichester, East Hants, Horsham or Winchester, please use the below links to report it directly to their respective enforcement teams who will deal with the complaint:

Suspected planning breaches should be reported via the online form

As the planning authority for the National Park we expect land owners and developers to comply with planning laws and not carry out development without the necessary planning permission. 

We are committed to ensuring that planning, and other environmental controls are enforced and where consent is granted, approved plans and conditions are followed.

Please see our South Downs Enforcement Guide for more information about enforcement and planning.

If you wish to know more about minerals and waste, please see the SDNPA Minerals & Waste Compliance and Monitoring guide here


"The Downs...too much for one pair of eyes, enough to float a whole population in happiness."