Skip to main content


Following Government advice to stay safe and protect the NHS, we are working hard to continue to deliver for you. Find information here on how to enjoy the National Park virtually, and how our services are operating during this time.

Who deals with my complaint?

Who deals with my complaint?

We are responsible for planning enforcement within the National Park and have agreed unique partnerships with the Local Authorities operating within the National Park boundaries.

For eight of these authorities the SDNPA deals directly with the planning enforcement issues.

The other five authorities deal with planning enforcement issues on our behalf.

Complaints for which can be made using the on-line form below.

Find out which authority will deal with your planning enforcement complaint here.

The South Downs Enforcement Guide explains how complaints are investigated, prioritised and what action we can take when planning permission is breached.


" The Downs...too much for one pair of eyes, enough to float a whole population in happiness. "