Supporting Businesses and Communities
There are an estimated 7000 businesses located in the National Park providing employment for more than 58,000 people and contributing to both the local and regional economy.
We are looking at a number of ways to provide support to communities:
- We have worked with partners to create a shared identity for the National Park itself to enable the businesses and communities to benefit from being within it and to encourage more sustainable behaviour from those who enjoy using the National Park.
- We are working with the Government initiative to extend the proposed coverage of high-speed broadband into the more rural parts of the National Park.
- We are supporting 46 communities across the National Park to develop neighbourhood plans.
- We provide small grants to community groups through our Sustainable Communities Fund.
- Please see our latest business and community information for businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic