Committees & Meetings
Following the most recent Government advice, we are reviewing all upcoming Authority and Committee meetings (including Planning Committee) and we will update this page as soon as possible with further information.
We thank you for your patience at this challenging time.
Urgent and Delegated Decisions
The Authority’s Standing Orders allow it to make urgent and delegated decisions. These can all be viewed here.
During the period that the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 are in effect, these Standing Orders shall be interpreted in a way that allows the Authority to make use of the flexibility permitted by the regulations.
Specific temporary updates agreed by the Authority at its meeting on 21 May are available below:
Procedures at Authority and Committee meetings are regulated by the SDNPA Standing Orders (May 2019).
The Standing Orders contain the following appendices:
- Provisions regulating Membership if the Authority
- Rules on Elections
- Provisions Relating to Public Participation at Meetings
- Committee Terms of Reference
- Rules of Debate
- The Chief Executive (National Park Officer)
- SDNPA General Delegation of Authority to the Chief Executive and Directors
- Proper Officers
The functions of the full Authority Meetings include:
- Approving the budget and other major plans and policies
- Taking any decisions where there is a major financial implication (over £100,000)
- Taking any decisions that are not delegated to an officer or committee
The full NPA also appoints the Chair and deputy chair of the authority and appoints members to committees.
There are three committees within the South Downs National Park Authority responsible for Planning, Policy & Resources and Appointment & Management. You can find more information about the committees and their members by following the links below:
We now broadcast all full Authority, Policy and Resources Committee and Planning Committee meetings through our webcasting portal.
You can watch the meetings live or on-demand for up to six months after the meeting.
To request footage from older meetings, please contact us at Info@Southdowns.gov.uk
- Local Protocol for Members and Officers Dealing With Planning Matters (wef 1 January 2014)
- Local Protocol for Member and Officer Relations (wef 1 January 2014)
- Member Role Description and Person Specification (wef 1 January 2014)