Committees & Meetings
**Important notice** Due to the Covid-19 pandemic all our public meetings are currently being held online and can be viewed using the webcasting link below.
During the period that the Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 are in effect, these Standing Orders shall be interpreted in a way that allows the Authority to make use of the flexibility permitted by the regulations.
Specific temporary updates agreed by the Authority at its meeting on 21 May 2020 are available below:
Procedures at Authority and Committee meetings are regulated by the SDNPA Standing Orders (December 2020).
The Standing Orders contain the following appendices:
- Provisions regulating Membership if the Authority
- Rules on Elections
- Provisions Relating to Public Participation at Meetings
- Committee Terms of Reference
- Rules of Debate
- The Chief Executive (National Park Officer)
- SDNPA General Delegation of Authority to the Chief Executive and Directors
- Proper Officers
Urgent and Delegated Decisions
The Authority’s Standing Orders allow it to make urgent and delegated decisions. These can all be viewed here.
The functions of the full Authority Meetings include:
- Approving the budget and other major plans and policies
- Taking any decisions where there is a major financial implication (over £100,000)
- Taking any decisions that are not delegated to an officer or committee
The full NPA also appoints the Chair and deputy chair of the authority and appoints members to committees.
There are three committees within the South Downs National Park Authority responsible for Planning, Policy & Resources and Appointment & Management. You can find more information about the committees and their members by following the links below:
All SDNPA meetings which are held in public are currently being held online due to the covid-19 pandemic.
From January to March 2021 meetings can be viewed live by members of the public via our YouTube Channel.
You can watch the meetings on-demand for up to 6 month after the meeting through our webcasting portal.
To request footage from older meetings, please contact us at email@example.com
- Local Protocol for Members and Officers Dealing With Planning Matters (2014)
- Local Protocol for Member and Officer Relations (October 2020)
- Member Role Description and Person Specification (October 2020)