Committees & Meetings
Procedures at Authority and Committee meetings are regulated by the Standing Orders (July 2022).
The Standing Orders contain the following appendices:
- Provisions regulating Membership if the Authority
- Rules on Elections
- Provisions Relating to Public Participation at Meetings
- Committee Terms of Reference
- Rules of Debate
- The Chief Executive (National Park Officer)
- SDNPA General Delegation of Authority to the Chief Executive and Directors
- Proper Officers
Urgent and Delegated Decisions
The Authority’s Standing Orders allow it to make urgent and delegated decisions. These can all be viewed here.
The functions of the full Authority Meetings include:
- Approving the budget and other major plans and policies
- Taking any decisions where there is a major financial implication (over £100,000)
- Taking any decisions that are not delegated to an officer or committee
The full NPA also appoints the Chair and deputy chair of the authority and appoints members to committees.
There are three committees within the South Downs National Park Authority responsible for Planning, Policy & Resources and Appointment & Management. You can find more information about the committees and their members by following the links below:
All SDNPA meetings are broadcast live and the meetings can be watched on-demand for up to 6 month after the meeting through our webcasting portal.
To request footage from older meetings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Protocol for Members and Officers Dealing With Planning Matters (2014)
- Local Protocol for Member and Officer Relations (October 2020)
- Member Role Description and Person Specification (October 2020)