Information for Tourism Businesses
The tourism sector is a valued part of the economy of the South Downs, and we recognise the impact that Covid-19 is having on this important sector.
This page contains information and help available for tourism and hospitality sector businesses.
- Visit Britain – all the latest news for the UK Tourism Industry
- Arts Council Support and funding – check the website for funding opportunities
- Heritage Lottery Fund – check the website for funding opportunities
- Experience West Sussex – support information for tourism businesses in West Sussex (including webinars)
- Visit Hampshire – support information for tourism businesses in Hampshire
- Tourism South East – regional tourism industry body
Useful Tools for tourism businesses
Visit Britain have released a Covid-19 Sentiment Tracker which surveys consumer intention to take short breaks and holidays in the UK. This began in May 2020 and will be running until 2021. You can view the latest tracker results on the Visit Britain website
Sussex Tourism Webinars – the National Park Authority, in partnership with other organisations in Sussex, have developed webinars for the Tourism Sector. You can watch the previous sessions here.
Covid-19 Government Guidance for the visitor economy in England
- Visitor Economy (Inclusive of accommodation and indoor and outdoor attractions and business events)
- Hotels and guest accommodations (including campsites)
- Restaurants, bars, pubs and takeaway services
- Heritage locations
For more general information for businesses please visit our business page