The South Downs National Park Authority is made up of a committed team of staff and Members, supported by the South Downs Volunteer Ranger Service.
The South Downs National Park Authority is governed by a board of 27 Members:
- 7 National Members appointed by the Secretary of State, through an open recruitment process to represent the national interest.
- 6 Parish Members nominated by the Parish/Town Councils or Parish Meetings within the National Park.
- 14 Local Authority Members, 1 appointed by each of the 15 local authorities covering the National Park area. (Adur and Worthing have opted to share a place).
We have a staff team of 110 fte, a further 12 fte posts funded through externally funded projects and 2 apprentices, led by our Chief Executive Trevor Beattie.
Our Senior Management Team consists of:
- Chief Executive (Interim): Tim Slaney
- Director of Landscape and Strategy: Anita Kerwin-Nye
- Director of Planning (Interim): Mike Hughes
Other Statutory Officers
The work of our staff and members is complemented by the work of the more than 300 volunteers. Last year they gave more than 6000 days of support to the National Park.