Recovery grant scheme for cultural, tourism and food & drink businesses
The small recovery grant scheme is now closed after two very well subscribed rounds. It was designed to support and help tourism businesses and organisations such as accommodation, attractions, activity providers, and food and drink businesses, located in, or that operate in the South Downs National Park, recover from the economic impact of the pandemic.
These grants ranging between £500–£2,000 will be supporting a total of 27 businesses and organisations. Five of them are supported by £8,792.66 from the cultural heritage funds, the 22 others are supported by £32,070 from the sustainable economy and tourism recovery funding.
All proposals received have been carefully assessed and reviewed by an impartial panel. There were some very difficult choices to be made and there were many valuable proposals that we have not been able to support through this scheme.
You can find a list of the businesses and organisations we have been able to support below.
We have now distributed all the grant funding, however businesses and organisations can contact us for advice using the contact details below:
For cultural heritage organisations contact: Anooshka Rawden, Cultural Heritage Lead Anooshka.Rawden@southdowns.gov.uk
For any other businesses contact: Kat Beer and Mark Alden, Enterprise Team Enterprise@southdowns.gov.uk
We realise this is a very challenging time for businesses so would like to invite you to join our business network. This allows us to contact you from time to time to update you on news, events and funding opportunities which may be helpful to your business. If you would like to sign up please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be able to unsubscribe at any point by emailing email@example.com.
Successful Small Recovery Grant Recipients
- The Novium Museum and tourist information centre (West Sussex)
- Butser Ancient farm (Hampshire)
- Chawton House Library (Hampshire)
- Charleston Trust (East Sussex)
- Take Shelter (Brighton and Hove)
Sustainable Economy & Tourism
Food and Drink producers
- Gospel Green Cyder (Hampshire)
- Sussex Lamb (West Sussex)
- Sinah Common Honey (Hampshire)
- Holos Kombucha (West Sussex)
- Pookles Farm Flowers (Hampshire)
- Noble and Stace chocolatiers (West Sussex)
- Ashling Park Estate (West Sussex)
- The Ship Inn (Hampshire)
- The Shoe (Hampshire)
- Camilla and Roly – Saddlescombe Farm (West Sussex)
- RSPB Pulborough Brooks (West Sussex)
- Alfriston Woodland Cabins (East Sussex)
- Made and Making (West Sussex)
- The Artisan Bakehouse (West Sussex)
- Hampshire Tours (Hampshire)
- South Downs Sourdough (Hampshire)
- Saira’s Kitchen (Hampshire)
- Tipple Talk (Hampshire)
Retail & farm shops
- The Hungry Guest bakery and café (West Sussex)
- Edgcumbes – Farm shop and Coffee roasters (West Sussex)
- Durleighmarsh Farm Shop (Hampshire)
- Gnarly Tree (Clothing)