On this page you can find a list of the applications that the SDNPA has ‘called in’, that will be dealt with by the in-house team of planners, rather than using the Local Authority planning team under the Agency agreement. The SDNPA expects to deal with up to about 150 planning applications in this way each year. These will be the more significant types of development which potentially generate particular, special or major issues for the National Park.
The Authority has regard to the National Planning Policy Framework when forming a view on whether a scheme is ‘major’ and has sought Legal opinions to aid in such assessments. These Legal opinions are available to be viewed below.
- Guidelines on Significance for SDNP Planning Applications – June 2011 (Opinion 1)
- Guidelines on Significance for SDNP Planning Applications – NPPF Complaint July 2014 (Opinion 2)
- Guidelines on Significance for SDNP Planning Applications – Supplementary Advice October 2014 (Opinion 3)
Applications formally called in or follow up submissions made valid
- Planning Called in Applications 08 July 2019
- Planning Called in Applications 01 July 2019
- Planning Called in Applications 17 June 2019
- Planning Called in Applications 03 June 2019
- Planning Called in Applications 27 May 2019 - None received
- Planning Called in Applications 20 May 2019
- Planning Called in Applications 13 May 2019
- Planning Called in Applications 06 May 2019
- 29 April 2019 - No Called in Applications
- Planning Called in Applications 22 April 2019
Further information relating to the remaining planning applications within the SDNP, that are being dealt with by the Local Authority for that area under the Agency agreement, can be found by following the link to the ‘View Planning Applications’ page. If you wish to contact the SDNPA Planning department, please email email@example.com or call 01730 814810 during office hours (Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm, Friday 9am to 4.30pm).