Local Validation List
For the purposes of the Local Validation List the definition and criteria for major development is as set out in The Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015.
We have developed the following checklists which you should complete and submit with your application, to help expedite process of checking your submission meets all requirements:
- Householder application for planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling and for relevant demolition of an unlisted building in a conservation area
- Householder application for planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling and listed building consent
- 1APP_Form_3 (MS Word)
- 1APP_Form_3 (PDF)
- NB: Due to the complexity of some requirements and associated data, The South Downs National Park Authority has developed a guide – ‘Advice to Homeholders and their Agents’ (August 2012) contains a ‘baseline assessment checklist’ that should only be used for householder applications. The baseline assessment checklist should be completed accurately as the veracity and accuracy of submitted checklists will be checked and if further information is required it may delay determination of your application.
- Application for Planning Permission and for relevant demolition of an unlisted building in a conservation area
- Application for planning permission and listed building consent for alterations, extension or demolition of a listed building
- Application for listed building consent for alterations, extension or demolition of a listed builing
- Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for an existing use or operation or activity including those in breach of a planning condition
- Application for prior notification of agricultural or forestry development – excavation/waste material
- Application for prior notification of agricultural or forestry development – proposed fish tank (cage)
- Application for prior notification of proposed development by telecommunications code system operators
- Application for removal or variation of a condition following grant of planning permission (Section 73)
- Application for works to trees subject to a Tree Preservation Order and/or notification of proposed works to trees in conservation areas
External sites that enable you to submit applications electronically
- Planning Portal (fees apply)*
*NB: While South Downs National Park Authority accept electronic submissions from these resources, we have no direct involvement in the management of electronic submission sites.