Who deals with my planning application?
South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA) is responsible for all planning-related matters within the National Park, however some local authorities deal with planning matters on our behalf.
SDNPA Planning Officers deal with all planning matters in the following Local Authority areas directly:
- Arun District Council
- Adur & Worthing District Council
- Brighton & Hove City Council
- Mid-Sussex District Council
- Wealden District Council
- Minerals & Waste planning issues for Hampshire, East Sussex & West Sussex county councils.
Five local authorities (“host” authorities) deal with all planning questions, advice and applications in their areas on behalf of the SDNPA:
- Chichester District Council
- East Hampshire District Council
- Horsham District Council
- Lewes & Eastbourne District Council
- Winchester City Council
If you do not know what your Local Authority is, use the Find your local council tool on the GOV.UK website.