Who deals with my planning application?
South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA) is responsible for all planning-related matters within the National Park, however some local authorities deal with planning matters on our behalf.
Five local authorities (“host” authorities) deal with all planning questions, advice and applications in their areas on behalf of the SDNPA. The planning teams can be contacted using the details below:
- Chichester District Council – email@example.com
- East Hampshire District Council – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Horsham District Council – email@example.com
- Lewes & Eastbourne District Council – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winchester City Council – email@example.com
If you do not know what your Local Authority is, use the Find your local council tool on the GOV.UK website.
SDNPA Planning Officers deal with all planning matters in the following Local Authority areas directly:
- Arun District Council
- Adur & Worthing District Council
- Brighton & Hove City Council
- Mid-Sussex District Council
- Wealden District Council
- Minerals & Waste planning issues for Hampshire, East Sussex & West Sussex county councils.
For queries relating to these areas please contact firstname.lastname@example.org