fbpx Skip to main content

How much does it cost?

How much does it cost?

  • Pre-Application Charges

    There is no charge for pre-application enquiries from homeowners submitting the Request for Householder Pre-Application Advice for residential works, but a fee will be charged if you need a site visit.

    Charges for other pre-application advice, for example for the construction of dwellings, agricultural buildings or larger scale development have been set to recover the costs of the officer time involved.

    For a list of charges and how to pay see our Fees for Planning Advice page.

  • Community Infrastructure Levy

    The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Regulations, introduced in April 2010, allow local authorities in England and Wales to raise funds from developers who are undertaking new building projects.

    These regulations took effect across the entire National Park from 1 April 2017.

    If your application requires payment of Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) your planning case officer will discuss this with you.

    Further information can be found on our Community Infrastructure Levy pages.


"The Downs...too much for one pair of eyes, enough to float a whole population in happiness."