Why get pre-application advice?
Seeking pre-application advice before you make a planning application can help to increase the chance of making a high quality planning application that is faster to process.
- help you to understand our list of local requirements and how planning policies and other requirements might affect your proposals
- help you to understand the questions that will be taken into consideration when determining an application and how aspects of the site, such as roads, footpaths, , watercourses, and other constraints, might affect your proposals
- discuss potential problems, such as noise and traffic, and whether conditions might be imposed to overcome these (instead of planning permission being refused)
- suggest ways in which your application could add value to local communities and the wider National Park
- assess likelihood of planning permission being granted.
If you would like to get pre-application advice, visit the Steps to getting pre-application advice page.