Freedom of Information
We are committed to conducting our affairs openly and have adopted the model publication scheme provided by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The Authority maintains a Publication Scheme that lists the types of information available and where the information can be accessed. The Authority in particular recognises its obligations under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 to put as much information as possible into the public domain. It will, however, continue to protect personal information, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Where possible, information will be published online and free of charge. Hard copies may be requested where this is not possible. This can be done at the South Downs Centre in Midhurst or any of the other offices by prior appointment.
You can fill it in online or download the form, print and complete. Then send it to us, you can do this by post or email.
There will be no charge for information downloaded from our website. Where documents are not available online you may be able to arrange to inspect the documents at our offices, or we may be able to send them to you. Generally we will not expect to charge you for this, however if any charge is to be made, charges will be made clear before any request is fulfilled.
Large-print, Braille and audio tape versions of information can be made available by arrangement and will incur no additional charges.
Any questions, comments or complaints about this scheme itself, should be sent in writing to:
Freedom of Information Requests
South Downs National Park Authority
South Downs Centre
Tel: 01730 814810
Or Contact Us
Local Government Transparency Code
To promote openness and transparency, the UK government recommends that local authorities publish specific key datasets. These are listed in the Department for Communities and Local Government’s (DCLG) Local Government Transparency Code 2015.
Below are links to the mandatory data and information that the Authority is required to publish quarterly, annually and only once. Any information currently not available will be published when it becomes available.
All of the information published under the code can be used and re-used under the terms of the Open Government Licence, published by the National Archive – please familiarise yourself with the terms of the licence before re-using any of the data.
- Expenditure exceeding £250
- Government procurement Card Transactions – This data will be made available in due course
- Procurement Information
- SDNPA Statement of Accounts 2015-16
- Local Authority Land – This data will be made available in due course
- Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
- Organisation Chart and Pay Scales – SDNPA Salary Bands, Corporate Strategy, Planning and Countryside Policy and Management
- Trade Union Facility Time – Nil
- Parking Account – N/A The SDNPA does not generate income from parking
- Parking Spaces – N/A The SDNPA does not control on or off street parking spaces, other than for staff parking at the South Downs Centre, Midhurst
- Senior Salaries:
|Job title||Grade||No. of posts|
|Director of Countryside Policy and Management||11||1|
|Director of Planning||11||1|
|Performance and Technical Manager||9||1|
|Planning Policy Manager||9||1|
|Head of Business Services||8||1|
|Head of Marketing and Income Generation||8||1|
|Countryside and Policy Manager||8||4|
- Constitution (SDNPA Standing Orders)
- Pay multiple – 7.5
- Fraud (2013-14)
- Use of powers under the Prevention of Social Housing Fraud regulations 2014 – 0
- Total number of employees undertaking fraud investigations – 0
- Total number of professionally accredited fraud specialists – 0
- Total amount spent by the authority on the investigation and prosecution of fraud – £0
- Total number of fraud cases investigated – 0
Once Only Publication
- Waste Contracts – N/A The SDNPA does not issue waste contracts
All South Downs National Park Authority copyrights are reserved but material appropriately attributed may be reproduced for purposes of private study or research with prior written permission. This copyright permission excludes all images and photography unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Authority.