National Park Authority Annual General Meeting 11 July 2023
Location: South Downs Centre Hall, Midhurst, GU29 9DH
Date and time: 11 July 2023 13.00
Tel: 01730 814810 Email: email@example.com
Chief Executive (National Park Officer)
The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations are in force, giving a right to members of the public to record (film, photograph and audio-record) and report on proceedings at committee meetings. Please read our protocol on Filming, Recording and Reporting of SDNPA Meetings Protocol for more information.
At the start of the meeting the Chair will make an announcement that the meeting may be filmed, recorded or photographed. Webcasting is undertaken in the public interest and in the exercise of our official authority, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed, recorded and photographed. If you have any queries regarding this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We broadcast all Planning Committee meetings through our webcasting portal. Meetings can be viewed live or on-demand up to six months after the meeting.
- Apologies for absence
- Election of Chair
To enable Members to elect a Chair of the Authority for the year 2023/24.
- Election of Deputy Chair
To enable Members to elect a Deputy Chair of the Authority for the year 2023/24.
- Declaration of Interests
To enable Members to declare to the meeting any disclosable interest they may have in any matter on the agenda for the meeting.
- Minutes of the previous meetings held on 30 March 2023
To approve as a correct record the minutes of the Authority meetings held on 30 March 2023.
Agenda Item 5
- Urgent Matters
To consider any matter on the agenda which the Chair agrees should be considered as a matter of urgency to due special circumstances (if Members have any urgent matters they are asked to consult the Chair before the meeting commences).
- Public Participation
The Chair will allow members of the public to ask questions, make statements or present a petition on any matter on the agenda for this meeting or on any matter that falls within the Authority’s powers, subject to procedures set out in Appendix 3 to the Authority’s Standing Orders.
- Need for Part II Exclusion of Press and Public
- The Authority is asked to consider whether, in respect of Agenda Item 19, the public, including the press, should be excluded from the meeting on the basis that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if a member of the public were present during the items there would be disclosure to them of exempt information within paragraph 3 and 5 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972, being information relating to the financial or business affairs of a particular person including the Authority and information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings and that in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exempt information outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information. It is proposed that this conclusion be reached on the basis that whilst there is a public interest in the transparency of the Authority’s proceedings in relation to its Teckal company, it is felt that on balance this is outweighed by the requirement of the National Park Authority to be able to consider matters concerning its Teckal company’s business and fully consider the implications of its actions or proposed actions as Shareholder of the company without the disclosure of information that could undermine its position, or the position of its Teckal company, or its ability to deliver value for money.
- Authority Chair Update
To consider a report from the Authority Chair (Report NPA23/24-1).
Agenda Item 9
Agenda Item 9_Appendix 1
Agenda Item 9_Appendix 2
Agenda Item 9_Appendix 3
- Chief Executive’s Progress Report
To consider a report from the Chief Executive (Report NPA23/24-2).
Agenda Item 10
- Appointment of Committees and Outside Bodies
To consider a report from the Head of Governance(Report NPA23/24-3).
Agenda Item 11
Agenda Item 11_Appendix 1
Agenda Item 11_Appendix 2
Agenda Item 11_Appendix 4
- Corporate Plan
To consider a verbal update from the Chief Executive and consider a report from the Performance and Project Manager (Report NPA23/24-4).
Agenda Item 12
Agenda Item 12_Appendix 1
- Budget Monitoring: Provisional Outturn 2022/23
To consider a report from the Chief Finance Officer (Report NPA23/24-5).
Agenda Item 13
Agenda Item 13_Appendix 1
Agenda Item 13_Appendix 2
Agenda Item 13_Appendix 3
Agenda Item 13_Appendix 4
Agenda Item 13_Appendix 5
Agenda Item 13_Appendix 6
- West Sussex Joint Minerals Local Plan Assessment
To consider a report from the Planning Policy Lead (Report NPA22/23-6).
Agenda Item 14
Agenda Item 14_Appendix 1
- Review of the Member Code of Conduct
To consider a report from the Authority’s Monitoring Officer (Report NPA23/24-7).
Agenda Item 15
Agenda Item 15_Appendix 1
Agenda Item 15_Appendix 2
- Ammendments to Standing Orders
To consider a report from the Head of Governance (Report NPA23/24-8).
Agenda Item 16
Agenda Item 16_Appendix 1
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE INCLUDED ON THE AGENDA FOR INFORMATION ONLY
- Planning Committee
Minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 9 March and 13 April 2023
Agenda Item 17
- Appointment, Management and Standards Committee
Minutes of the Policy & Resources Committee meeting held on 20 April 2023.
Agenda Item 18
THE NEXT ITEM IS FOR MEMBERS OF THE AUTHORITY ONLY
- SDCOL Business Plan
To consider a report from the Commercial Manager (NPA23/24-9)
TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE SOUTH DOWNS NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY
SDNPA Members have a primary responsibility for ensuring that the Authority furthers the National Park Purposes and Duty. Members regard themselves first and foremost as Members of the Authority, and will act in the best interests of the National Park as a whole, rather than as representatives of their appointing body or any interest groups.
Members are required to declare any disclosable pecuniary interest that is not already entered in the Authority’s register of interests, and any personal interest and/or public service interest (as defined in Paragraph 18 of the Authority’s Code of Conduct) they may consider relevant to an item of business being considered at the meeting (such disclosure to be made at the commencement of the meeting, or when the interest becomes apparent).
Access to Information
If you would like a copy of this agenda in large print or an alternative format/language please contact the Committee Officer at email@example.com or 01730 814810
Recording of Meetings
The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations give a right to members of the public to record (film, photograph and audio-record) and report on proceedings at committee meetings. The Authority has a protocol on ‘Filming, Recording and Reporting of South Downs National Park Authority Meetings’ which is available on our website.
As part of the Authority’s drive to increase accessibility to its public meetings, this meeting will be filmed for live and/ or subsequent broadcast via the internet; at the start of the meeting the Chair will confirm if all or part of the meeting is to be filmed. The images and sound recording may be used for training or any other purposes by the Authority. By entering the virtual meeting room you are consenting to being filmed, recorded or photographed and to the possible use of those images and sound recordings for webcasting and/or training purposes. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact the Governance Officer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone wishing to speak at the meeting should register their request no later than 24 hours before the meeting by e-mailing email@example.com The public participation protocol is available on our website www.southdowns.gov.uk
If you wish to give us feedback on your experience of the meeting please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org