Affordable Housing SPD Consultation
South Downs National Park Authority is consulting on the draft Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document (SPD). The SPD provides further guidance to support the implementation of South Downs Local Plan policies, in particular Policy SD28: Affordable Homes and Policy SD29: Rural Exception Sites. The SPD therefore support Local Plan Objective 8: To protect and provide for the social and economic wellbeing of National Park communities supporting local jobs, affordable homes and local facilities. It covers a number of detailed matters including: viability appraisal; financial contributions in lieu of on-site provision; vacant building credit and review mechanisms.
Once adopted, the SPD will be a material consideration for relevant planning applications.
The SDNPA has screened the draft SPD as to whether or not a Strategic Environment Assessment or Appropriate Assessment is required. This determination statement is also available during the consultation period.
- Consultation Draft Affordable Housing SPD
- Appendix 1: Local Plan Policies
- Appendix 2: Financial Contributions Calculation Methodology
- Appendix 3: Model Section 106 Legal Agreement
- SEA & HRA Screening Determination Statement
The documents are also available to view at the South Downs Centre, North Street, Midhurst, GU29 9DH.
The consultation will run for a period of 8 weeks, commencing on Tuesday 24th September 2019. All comments must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 19th November 2019.
We would like to hear your views on the document. Please respond either:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Or in writing to Planning Policy, South Downs National Park Authority, South Downs Centre, North Street, Midhurst, West Sussex, GU29 9DH.
After the end of the consultation period, any comments received will be considered in reviewing the draft SPD prior to adoption.