Independent Member of the Policy & Resources Committee
The South Downs National Park Authority is responsible for keeping the South Downs a special place. The Authority came into being on 1 April 2010 and has two statutory purposes – to conserve and enhance the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of the South Downs National Park, and to promote opportunities for the understanding and enjoyment of the special qualities of the Park by the public.
Working in Partnership with other Local Authorities and other organisations, it is also the duty of the Authority to seek to foster the economic and social well-being of the local communities within the Park.
The Authority is a public body, funded by government, and run by a Board of 27 members. The Authority operates three Committees to support the delivery of its work and is seeking up to two Independent Members to fill a vacancy that has arisen on its Policy and Resources Committee.
The Policy & Resources Committee has a key role in ensuring good governance of the Authority by overseeing and reviewing its arrangements for audit, financial control and risk management.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of corporate governance and risk management
- Financial management experience
- Understanding of accountability and probity in public life
- A keen interest in standards in public life
- A wish to serve the local community and uphold local democracy
- Effective questioning skills and ability to provide constructive challenge
- Some knowledge of public finance
Candidates should have high standards of personal integrity, independence and impartiality.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the Authority’s Monitoring Officer Louise Read email@example.com telephone 01962 847947.
This role is not salaried, however travel and subsistence expenses are payable in respect of your duties.
Download the Information for Applicants and Application Forms
- Information for Applicants – Independent Member of the P&R Committee
- Application Form – Independent Member of the P&R Committee
- Monitoring Form – Independent Member of the P&R Committee
Please return completed application and monitoring forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 8 May 2018
Interviews week commencing 4 June 2018