Authority Meeting 19 Jun 2012
Location: Cowdray Hall, Easebourne
Date and time: 19 June 2012 2:00 PM
Rebecca Haynes, Member Services
Tel: 01730 811773 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive (National Park Officer)
The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations are in force, giving a right to members of the public to record (film, photograph and audio-record) and report on proceedings at committee meetings. Please read our protocol on Filming, Recording and Reporting of SDNPA Meetings Protocol for more information.
At the start of the meeting the Chair will make an announcement that the meeting may be filmed, recorded or photographed. Webcasting is undertaken in the public interest and in the exercise of our official authority, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed, recorded and photographed. If you have any queries regarding this please contact email@example.com
2. Election of Chair
To elect a Chair for the following year
4. Election of Deputy Chair
To elect a Deputy Chair for the following year
5. Declarations of Interests
Members and officers are invited to make any declarations of personal or prejudicial interests that they may have in relation to items on the agenda and are reminded to make any declaration at any stage during the meeting if it then becomes apparent that this may be required when a particular item or issue is considered.
6. Minutes – to approve as a correct record the Part I minutes of the Authority meeting held on 24 May 2012 (page 1)
7. Urgent Matters
To consider any matter not on the Agenda which the Chair of the meeting agrees should be considered as a matter of urgency due to special circumstances (if members have any urgent matters they are asked to consult the Chair before the meeting commences).
8. Public Participation
The Chair will allow members of the public to ask questions, make statements or present a petition on any matter on the agenda for this meeting or on any matter that falls within the Authority’s powers, subject to procedures set out in Appendix 3 to the Authority’s Standing Orders. Any member of the public who wishes to address the meeting under this item should notify Fiona MacLeod (contact details at the end of this agenda) not less than 24 hours before the commencement of the meeting (i.e. by 2.00 pm on the day preceding the meeting), and indicate in what capacity he or she would like to speak together with a contact telephone number.
9. Chief Executive’s Report
To consider a report from the Chief Executive Officer (Report 11/12 page 4)
10. Localism Act 2011 – Changes to the Standards Regime
To consider a report from the Monitoring Officer (Report 12/12 page 11)
11. Review of Standing Orders and Appointments to Committees
To consider a report from the Monitoring Officer (Report 13/12 page 20)
12. Appointments to External Bodies
To consider a report from the Director of Corporate Services (Report 14/12 to follow)
13. Planning Committee
The note the minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 15 March, 12 April, unconfirmed minutes of the Planning Committee held on 10 May 2012 (page 64) and receive a
verbal report on the Planning Committee meeting held 14 June 2012
14. Delegation of E.ON Rampion proposal consultation response to the South Downs
National Park Authority (SDNPA) Planning Committee
To consider a report from the Director of Planning (Report 15/12 page 101)
15. Audit Committee
To note the unconfirmed minutes of the Audit Committee meeting held on 17 April 2012 (page 105) and receive a verbal report on the Audit Committee meeting held on 12 June 2012
16. Reports from Members Appointed to External Bodies
To consider reports from Members (page 109)
Exclusion of Press and Public
17. The Authority is asked to consider whether, in respect of the following item, the public, including the press, should be excluded from the meeting on the grounds of exemption under Part I of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972 as indicated against the item having regard to the reasons set out in the minutes.
The papers for the next item are enclosed for members of the Authority only (yellow paper). However, a summary of the matters dealt with under the Part II item referred to is attached for all recipients of the Agenda
18. Authority Minutes (Part II)
To note the unconfirmed Part II minutes of the South Downs National Park Authority held on 24 May 2012 (page 111). These minutes are not for publication as they contain exempt information within Paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972 information relating to the financial and business affairs of the Authority
TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE SOUTH DOWNS NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY
Anyone wishing to speak at the meeting should register their request, by emailing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on the Monday before the meeting.
- Phone Number:
- Planning Application Number:
- Details of Proposed Development:
- Indicate if you are speaking in support or against the application:
- Who are you representing?:
- In the event that more than 3 people request to speak in favour or against an item it may be necessary for them to agree amongst themselves who should speak at the meeting. In order to facilitate this process we would ask you to confirm that you are happy with us sharing your name and e-mail address with other potential speakers. We will not share any other personal details with any other third parties.
- YES / NO (delete as appropriate)
Confirmation that you have registered to speak will be send after 12 noon deadline. Further information on public speaking and registering as a speaker.
Please note that there is no catering provision for members of the public during meal breaks. However there are cafes, pubs and shops in Midhurst town centre, approximately 5 minutes’ walk away.