Planning Committee Meeting 12 March 2015
Location: South Downs Centre, North Street, Midhurst, GU29 9DH
Date and time: 12 March 2015 10:00 AM
Chief Executive (National Park Officer)
The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations are in force, giving a right to members of the public to record (film, photograph and audio-record) and report on proceedings at committee meetings. Please read our protocol on Filming, Recording and Reporting of SDNPA Meetings Protocol for more information.
At the start of the meeting the Chair will make an announcement that the meeting may be filmed, recorded or photographed. Webcasting is undertaken in the public interest and in the exercise of our official authority, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed, recorded and photographed. If you have any queries regarding this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Item 10 and 13 will be considered before item 7
- Item 12 “Land at the Fridays” has been withdrawn
- Apologies for absence
- Disclosure of Interests
To enable Members to disclose to the meeting any disclosable pecuniary interest they may have in any matter on the agenda for the meeting, where that interest is not already entered in the Authority’s register of interests, and any public service interest (as defined in Paragraph 18 of the Authority’s Code of Conduct) they may consider relevant to an item of business being considered at the meeting (such disclosure to be made at the commencement of the meeting, or when the interest becomes apparent).
- Minutes of previous meetings held on 12 February 2015
To approve as a correct record the minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 12 February 2015 (Page 1).
- Matters arising
To enable any matters arising from the 12 February 2015 minutes that are not covered elsewhere on this agenda to be raised.
- Updates on previous Committee decisions
To receive any updates on previous Committee decisions.
- Urgent Items
To consider any matter on the agenda which the Chair agrees should be considered as a matter of urgency to due special circumstances.
STRATEGY & POLICY
- Preferred Options Local Plan: Gypsy & Traveller Policies
To consider a report by the Director of Planning (Report PC22/15 Page 11).
- Preferred Options Local Plan: Affordable Housing
To consider a report by the Director of Planning (Report PC23/15 Page 21).
- Preferred Options Local Plan: Transport Policies
To consider a report by the Director of Planning (Report PC24/15 Page 32).
- Petersfield Neighbourhood Development Plan (Submission Version)
To consider a report by the Director of Planning (Report PC25/15 Page 45).
- Making of Ferring, Angmering and Hurstpierpoint & Sayers Common Neighbourhood Development Plans
To consider a report by the Director of Planning (Report PC26/15 Page 63).
- Application No: SDNP/14/03936/FUL
Proposal: Proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Land to Provide No. 9 C3 Residential Dwellings and No.2 C3 Flats.
Address: Land at the Fridays, Gilberts Drive, East Dean, East Sussex
To consider a report by the Director of Planning (Report PC27/15 Page 67).
- Application No: SDNP/14/05569/FUL
Proposal: Change of use of part of property (Tea Rooms) to residential and new access to site.
Address: Gibbys Cottage, Filching, Polegate, BN26 5QA
To consider a report by the Director of Planning (Report PC28/15 Page 80).
LEWES DISTRICT COUNCIL
- Application No: LW/15/0034
Proposal: Refurbishment of the existing multi-purpose berth at East Quay including the construction of a new multi-purpose berth and slipway at the southern end of the East Quay; Levelling the backshore area to the east of the new multi-purpose berth to create a new Land Development Area (LDA) and Establishment of a 3.5ha nature reserve above mean high water springs (MHWS) to the east of the LDA area. Capital dredging of the existing approach channel (deepening and localised widening and extension); Capital dredging of the berthing pocket alongside East Quay; Demolition of part of the East Pier structure; (Use of dredged material, where possible, as fill for levelling the LDA. Material not suitable for use as fill or for an alternative use would be disposed of at Newhaven Port & Properties Ltd (NPP)’s existing licensed offshore disposal ground) | Land Adjacent Fisher Terminal East Quay Newhaven East Sussex
Address: Administration Office, East Quay, Newhaven, East Sussex BN9 0BN
To consider a report by the Director of Planning (Report PC29/15 Page 87).
- Agenda Item 3
- Agenda Item 7
- Agenda Item 8
- Agenda Item 9
- Agenda Item 10
- Agenda Item 10 – Appendix 2
- Agenda Item 10 – Appendix 4
- Agenda Item 10 – Appendix 5
- Agenda Item 11
- Agenda Item 11 – Appendix 1
- Agenda Item 11 – Appendix 2
- Agenda Item 11 – Appendix 3
- Agenda Item 12
- Agenda Item 13
- Agenda Item 14
- Agenda Item 14 – Appendix 2.2
- Update Sheet
- Confirmed Minutes
Anyone wishing to speak at the meeting should register their request, by emailing the following information to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on the Monday before the meeting.
- Phone Number:
- Planning Application Number:
- Details of Proposed Development:
- Indicate if you are speaking in support or against the application:
- Who are you representing?:
- In the event that more than 3 people request to speak in favour or against an item it may be necessary for them to agree amongst themselves who should speak at the meeting. In order to facilitate this process we would ask you to confirm that you are happy with us sharing your name and e-mail address with other potential speakers. We will not share any other personal details with any other third parties.
- YES / NO (delete as appropriate)
Confirmation that you have registered to speak will be send after 12 noon deadline. Further information on public speaking and registering as a speaker.
Please note that there is no catering provision for members of the public during meal breaks. However there are cafes, pubs and shops in Midhurst town centre, approximately 5 minutes’ walk away.