Volunteer Development Officer
Salary/rate of pay:£28,564 to £35,806
Location:South Downs Centre Midhurst
Hours:37 hours per week
Closing date:23 January 2018, 23:59
Interview date:07 February 2018
Across the SDNP volunteers from over 170 organisations contribute approximately 95,120 volunteer days of work per year, with the South Downs Volunteer Ranger Service contributing over 6,000 of these days. Volunteers make an enormous contribution to conserving and enhancing the South Downs enabling better access, understanding and enjoyment of the National Park and supporting work in our local communities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with experience of recruiting, inducting, training and supporting volunteers, to lead our volunteer programme. You will be dynamic, motivated and have excellent communication skills. Partnership working will also be a very important part of this exciting role, with key responsibilities including:
- Delivering exciting projects and activities to develop volunteering across the South Downs National Park
- Working with and supporting the South Downs Volunteer Ranger Service
- Developing and maintaining a strong volunteering network across the National Park
- Increasing diversity of volunteers and volunteering roles
- Identifying and implementing best practice in volunteering
Sound like something that interests you? Think you can really add value to the role? Meet the person specification? Then please apply!