South Downs Local Plan
The South Downs Local Plan covers the entire National Park.
It follows extensive public consultation with local communities and detailed scrutiny and examination by the Government’s Planning Inspectorate, which found the policies to be sound subject to a number of modifications.
The Local Plan has been informed by a range of factors relating to the special qualities of the National Park, including landscape character, biodiversity and cultural heritage of the National Park, Neighbourhood Plans, local housing and economic needs and the impact of climate change.
The South Downs Policies Map illustrates how the policies in the adopted Local Plan will apply. Below are quick links to the Local Plan Policies Map:
- Overview Map of all Local Plan Policies
- Individual Area maps (inset maps)
- Ecosystems Services map
- Landscape Character Area map (includes Dark Night Skies and Tranquillity maps)
Download and read the entire South Downs Local Plan.
In addition, you can download and read the following statements and reports:
- Local Plan Adoption Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal Report and Addendum
You can read download and read the individual Local Plan chapters below:
- Vision and Objectives
- Spatial Portrait and Spatial Strategy
- Core Policies
- A Thriving, Living Landscape
- People Connected to Places
- Towards a Sustainable Future
- Strategic Sites
- Sites and Settlements
- Monitoring and Implementation Framework