Cyclists & Walkers Welcome Scheme for Businesses
The South Downs National Park Authority is keen to support opportunities that benefit the local economy and invite you to join a Cyclists & Walkers Welcome initiative.
Many businesses across the South Downs already offer a warm welcome to cyclists and walkers. This welcome scheme will enable you to tap into the full potential of this market, attract more customers and add value to your business.
What’s in it for me?
Do you offer a warm welcome to cyclists and walkers in and around Lewes, Petersfield and West Sussex? This is how the scheme can benefit you:
- You can directly target and attract local and visiting cyclists and walkers.
- A free listing in the Cyclists & Walkers Welcome online directory, which includes a short business profile, on the South Downs National Park Authority website.
- Use the free Cyclists & Walkers Welcome branded display stickers, website widgets and icons to promote the scheme on your own website and promotional materials.
What do I have to do?
All types of businesses are welcome to join the scheme. In return you must agree to:
- Commit to a minimum set of welcome requirements.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date information and services.
- Promote your cyclist and walker friendly services on your own website and promotional materials.
How do I join the Cyclists & Walkers Welcome Scheme?
- Read Levels of Welcome and decide which ones match the services and facilities you provide, or intend to provide.
- Click on Join the Welcome Scheme link and complete the application form.
If you have any questions about the South Downs Cyclists & Walkers Welcome initiative or require more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01730 814810.