Operational Management Plan
The Winchester Downs Farm Cluster Group have developed an Operational Management Plan so that farmers, landowners and the South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA) can support farmer-led projects and plans to deliver environmental benefits in an economically profitable farmed landscape.
The plan provides support for:
- Key species and habitats in arable, grassland, and woodland landscapes, communities and related special projects.
- Farmers and landowners, including those who shoot, to develop their own management and environmental plans with the assistance of SDNPA.
- Seminars and training for Farmers and Landowners.
- Entry into the separate Countryside Stewardship Scheme.
- Cooperation and advanced preparation for Farming Environmental support schemes post Brexit 2020.
- Gaining increased community support for farming in the area and encouragement of community involvement in projects.
The end result of this plan should be a large area of well managed habitat which will form a network supporting wildlife throughout the cluster group landscape. Farmers and land owners will be supported and seen to be involved in creating environmental benefits across the spectrum.