SOUTH DOWNS NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY
AUDIT AND INSPECTION OF ACCOUNTS 2017/18
NOTICE OF THE DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF PERIOD FOR THE EXERCISE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2018
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
The Local Audit (Public Access to Documents) Act 2017
Notice is hereby given that the accounts of South Downs National Park Authority, in respect of the financial year ended 31 March 2018, are available for public inspection as set out below:
1. Sections 26 and 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 provide for:
- Any person interested has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to the person in paragraph 2 below.
Local Government Electors, their representatives and other interested parties have rights to:
- question the auditor about the accounts; and
- object to the accounts for any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the Auditor and a copy sent to the Authority.
The Auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose.
2. Person to which you can apply to inspect the accounts:
Name: Nigel Manvell, Deputy Chief Finance Officer (BHCC)
Address: Bartholomew House (3rd Floor), Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JE
The unaudited Statement of Accounts are now available below. A copy of the unaudited accounts can also be viewed on application to Financial Services, Bartholomew House, Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JP between 9.30am and 4.00pm on weekdays between 1 June 2018 and 12 July 2018.
3. Any rights of inspection, objection, and questioning of the Auditor may only be exercised within a single period of 30 working days:
Commencing on Friday 1 June 2018 and ending on Thursday 12 July 2018.
4. Your appointed Auditor is:
Ernst & Young LLP, Wessex House, 19 Threefield Lane, Southampton SO14 3QB
For more detailed guidance on electors’ rights and the special powers of auditors, copies of the publication ‘Council Accounts – A Guide to Your Rights’ are available from the National Audit Office website.