SOUTH DOWNS NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY
AUDIT AND INSPECTION OF ACCOUNTS 2015/16
NOTICE OF THE DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF PERIOD FOR THE EXERCISE
OF PUBLIC RIGHTS ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2016
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
Notice is hereby given that the accounts of South Downs National Park Authority, in respect of the financial year ended 31 March 2016, will be available for public inspection as set out below:
1. Sections 26 and 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 provide for:
- Any person interested has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2016, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to the person in paragraph 2 below.
Local Government Electors and their representatives have rights to:
- question the auditor about the accounts; and
- object to the accounts for any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the Auditor and a copy sent to the Authority.
The Auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose.
2. Person to which you can apply to inspect the accounts:
Name: Nigel Manvell, Assistant Director – Finance
Address: Kings House, Grand Avenue, Hove, BN3 2LS
The unaudited Statement of Accounts will be available on the authority’s website from 15 June 2016. A copy of the unaudited accounts can be viewed on application to Financial Services, Bartholomew House, Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JP between 9.30am and 4.00pm on weekdays between 15 June 2016 and 26 July 2016.
3. Any rights of inspection, objection, and questioning of the Auditor may only be exercised within a single period of 30 working days:
Commencing on: Wednesday 15 June 2016
and ending on: Tuesday 26 July 2016
4. Your appointed Auditor is:
Ernst & Young LLP, Wessex House, 19 Threefield Lane, Southampton SO14 3QB
For more detailed guidance on electors’ rights and the special powers of auditors, copies of the publication ‘Council Accounts – A Guide to Your Rights’ are available from the National Audit Office website.
South Downs National Park Authority
Members’ Allowances 2012/2013
The Local Authorities (Members’ Allowances) (England) Regulations 2003
Notice is hereby given that the South Downs National Park Authority has, under the above Regulations, made the following payments to each Member for the period 1 April 2012 to 31 March 2013 in accordance with the approved Members’ Scheme of Allowances.