Landowners Conference 2017
February 13, 2017
A big thank you to everyone who came to the Landowners Conference last Friday. It was a great success with 112 attendees covering a wide range of site owners, affordable housing providers, constructors and specialists.
We hope that it was useful and informative. We would also like to extend special thanks to all those who took the time to complete one of our feedback forms, it is very much appreciated.
Here is a summary of the main points arising from the workshop sessions and the next steps:
- The rural housing enablers are the key contact points for any further queries or future project proposal. Their details are on the agenda.
- We will hold another conference in a year or so to report progress from this conference and to look back on the outcome of the housing white paper.
- We will look in particular at the design issues at this next conference and will involve our independent design review panel in its delivery. We are particularly interested in the possibility of using local materials to create high quality standard designs that respect the local vernacular, are sustainable and reduce construction costs.
- We will take the input from the conference into account as part of our response to the forthcoming Housing White Paper.
- As a National Park Authority this work will inform the final stages of our preparations for our first Local Plan which will go out to consultation in September.
- We are also going to look to establish an affordable housing enabling service for landowners interested in contributing sites. This would put together specialist housing providers such as Hastoe and Hampshire Village Homes with the experts present at the conference, our own Planning and design expertise and, where possible, a little enabling support from Section 106. It is very early days but we have a Member Working Group developing the proposal and will report back on our progress at the next conference.
As promised, here the presentations from the day for your information.
- Ian Graham_Landowners Conference_Feb17
- Kathryn Mallett_Landowners Conference_Feb17
- Robin Edwards_Landowners Conference_Feb17
- Sue Chalkley_Landowners Conference_Feb17
- Tim Slaney_Landowners Conference_Feb17
- Tom Warder_Landowners Conference_Feb17
Should you have any further queries, please email email@example.com