fbpx Skip to main content

Other useful contacts

Other useful contacts

  • Environment Agency

    Responsible for:

    • regulating major industry and waste;
    • treatment of contaminated land;
    • water quality and resources;
    • fisheries;
    • inland river, estuary and harbour navigations;conservation and ecology; and
    • managing the risk of flooding from main rivers, reservoirs, estuaries and the sea.

    Visit their website (scroll down their page for all contact information)

  • Natural England

    Responsible for:

    • helping land managers and farmers protect wildlife and landscapes;
    • advising on the protection of the marine environment in inshore waters (0 to 12 nautical miles);
    • improving public access to the coastline;
    • managing 140 National Nature Reserves and supporting National Trails;
    • providing planning advice and wildlife licences through the planning system;
    • managing programmes that help restore or recreate wildlife habitats;
    • conserving and enhancing the landscape;
    • providing evidence to help make decisions affecting the natural environment.

    You can also contact them for advice on:

    • Bats: general advice
    • Bovine TB and badger control in England
    • Camping and caravanning exemption certificates
    • Commons
    • National Nature Reserves
    • Open Access Contact Centre
    • Suspected wildlife or pesticide poisoning

    Visit their website for contacts


"The Downs...too much for one pair of eyes, enough to float a whole population in happiness."