Consultation on Buriton Village Design Statement
April 5, 2017
Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 Regulation 12, 13 and 35 – Consultation Statement regarding the adoption of a Supplementary Planning Document.
Village Design Statements (VDS) are prepared by local communities. They describe the character of the landscape and built environment of their parish and include guidelines to help ensure that this character is conserved and enhanced in any new development in the area.
Buriton Parish Council have submitted their VDS to the South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA) to be adopted as a Supplementary Planning Document. The SDNPA must publish the draft VDS for a minimum of 6 weeks and invite representations from any interested party. Following the public consultation period SDNPA’s Planning Committee will consider any representations received and decide whether it is appropriate for the Buriton VDS to be adopted by the SDNPA as a Supplementary Planning Document.
The document will, when adopted, provide further detail to policy CP29 (Design) of the East Hampshire District Local Plan: Joint Core Strategy.
- Buriton Village Design Statement
- Buriton VDS – Appendix 01 (Important landscape character features)
- Buriton VDS – Appendix 02 (Important views)
- Buriton VDS – Appendix 03 (Landscape Character Assessment 2017 Final)
- Buriton VDS – Appendix 04 (Conservation Area)
- Buriton VDS – Appendix 05 (Rights of Way)
- Buriton VDS – Appendix 06 (Biodiversity)
- Buriton VDS – Appendix 07 (BAP Priority Habitats)
- Buriton VDS – Appendix 08 (Historic Landscape Character)
- Buriton VDS – Appendix 09 (Historic Environment – Parish-wide)
- Buriton VDS – Appendix 10 (Historic Environment – Buriton village)
The South Downs National Park Authority hereby invites comments from any interested party on the Buriton Village Design Statement. The document will be available during the consultation period for inspection at the following locations:
South Downs Centre, North Street, Midhurst, West Sussex, GU29 9DH
The Village Inn, 1 Petersfield Road, Buriton, Petersfield, GU31 5SW
The consultation commences on 5 April 2017 and closes at 5pm on 17 May 2017
Comments in writing should be sent to Chris Paterson at The South Downs Centre, North Street, Midhurst, GU29 9DH or by email to email@example.com by 5pm on 17 May 2017 at the latest.
Comments cannot be accepted after this time.