Authority Meeting 29 Mar 2011
Location: Arundel Town Hall, Arundel
Date and time: 29 March 2011 2:00 PM
Rebecca Haynes, Member Services
Tel: 01730 811773 Email: email@example.com
Chief Executive (National Park Officer)
The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations are in force, giving a right to members of the public to record (film, photograph and audio-record) and report on proceedings at committee meetings. Please read our protocol on Filming, Recording and Reporting of SDNPA Meetings Protocol for more information.
At the start of the meeting the Chair will make an announcement that the meeting may be filmed, recorded or photographed. Webcasting is undertaken in the public interest and in the exercise of our official authority, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed, recorded and photographed. If you have any queries regarding this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Declarations of Interests
Members and officers are invited to make any declarations of personal or prejudicial interests that they may have in relation to items on the agenda and are reminded to make any declaration at any stage during the meeting if it then becomes apparent that this may be required when a particular item or issue is considered.
3. Minutes – to approve as a correct record the minutes of the Authority meeting held on 15 February 2011 (page 1)
4. Urgent Matters
To consider any matter not on the Agenda which the Chair of the meeting agrees should be considered as a matter of urgency due to special circumstances (if members have any urgent matters they are asked to consult the Chair before the meeting commences).
5. Public Participation
The Chair will allow members of the public to ask questions, make statements or present a petition on any matter on the agenda for this meeting or on any matter that falls within the Authority’s powers, subject to procedures set out in Appendix 3 to the Authority’s Standing Orders. Any member of the public who wishes to address the meeting under this item should notify Fiona MacLeod (contact details at the end of this agenda) not less than 24 hours before the commencement of the meeting (i.e. by 2.00 pm on the day preceding the meeting), and indicate in what capacity he or she would like to speak together with a contact telephone number.
6. Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
To consider a report from the Chief Executive Officer (Report 08/11 page 6) followed by the signing of the MOU
7. Chief Executive’s Progress Report
To consider a report from the Chief Executive Officer (Report 09/11 page 13)
8. Extension of Appointment of Chairs and Deputies
To consider a report from the Monitoring Officer (Report 10/11 page 21)
9. Planning Committee – Terms of Reference and Scheme of Delegation
To consider a report from the Head of Planning (Report 11/11 page 23)
10. Protocols for Public Speaking at Planning Committee and Planning Committee Member Site Visits
To consider a report from the Head of Planning (Report 12/11 page 32)
11. Joint Local Development Frameworks for the South Downs National Park
To consider a report from the Head of Planning (Report 13/11 page 43)
12. Sustainable Communities Fund
To consider a report from the Chief Executive Officer (Report 14/11 page 46)
13. Governance Documents
To consider a report from the Monitoring Officer (Report 15/11 page 52)
14. Budget 2011/12 and Medium Term Financial Strategy
To consider a report from the Chief Finance Officer (Report 16/11 page 89)
15. Business Plan 2011-12
To consider a report from the Director of Corporate Services (Report 17/11 page 102)
16. Treasury Management Policy Statement and Annual Investment Strategy 2011/12
To consider a report from the Chief Finance Officer (Report 18/11 page 122)
17. Financial Regulations and Procedures
To consider a report from the Chief Finance Officer (Report 19/11 page 129)
18. Member Development Strategy
To consider a report from the Director of Corporate Services (Report 20/11 page 196)
19. Scheme of Member’s Allowances 2011/12
To consider a report from the Director of Corporate Services (Report 21/11 page 209)
20. Planning Committee
The note the minutes of the Planning Committee meetings held on 14 February 2011 (page 211) and unconfirmed minutes from the Planning Committee held on 13 March 2011 (to be available at the meeting)
21. Standards Committee
To note the unconfirmed minutes of the Standards Committee held on 11 February 2011 (page 218)
22. Resources and Performance Committee
To note the unconfirmed minutes of the Resources and Performance Committee held on 8 March 2011 (to be available at the meeting)
23. Exclusion of Public and Press
The Authority is asked to consider whether, in respect of the following item, the public, including the press, should be excluded from the meeting on the grounds of exemption under Part I of Schedule12A to the Local Government Act 1972 as indicated against the item having regard to the reasons set out in the report
The papers for the next item are enclosed for members of the Authority only (yellow paper). However, a summary of the matters dealt with under the Part II item referred to is attached for all recipients of the Agenda
24. Part II Minutes – to approve as a correct record the Part II minutes of the Authority meeting held on 15 February 2011 (page 22). These minutes are not for publication as they contain exempt information within Paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972 being information relating to the financial and business affairs of the Authority.
Anyone wishing to speak at the meeting should register their request, using the Registration Form, no later than 24 hours before the meeting. Further information on public speaking and registering as a speaker.
Please note that there is no catering provision for members of the public during meal breaks. However there are cafes, pubs and shops in Midhurst town centre, approximately 5 minutes’ walk away.