Authority Meeting 19 Feb 2013
Location: Cowdray Hall, Easebourne, Midhurst, GU29 0AL
Date and time: 19 February 2013 2:00 PM
Rebecca Haynes, Member Services
Tel: 01730 811773 Email: email@example.com
Chief Executive (National Park Officer)
The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations are in force, giving a right to members of the public to record (film, photograph and audio-record) and report on proceedings at committee meetings. Please read our protocol on Filming, Recording and Reporting of SDNPA Meetings Protocol for more information.
At the start of the meeting the Chair will make an announcement that the meeting may be filmed, recorded or photographed. Webcasting is undertaken in the public interest and in the exercise of our official authority, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed, recorded and photographed. If you have any queries regarding this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Declarations of InterestsTo enable Members to disclose to the meeting any disclosable pecuniary interest they may have in any matter on the agenda for the meeting, where that interest is not already entered in the Authority’s register of interests, and any public service interest (as defined in Paragraph 18 of the Authority’s Code of Conduct) they may consider relevant to an item of business being considered at the meeting (such disclosure to be made at the commencement of the meeting, or when the interest becomes apparent).
- Minutes – to approve as a correct record the minutes of the Authority meeting held on 11 December 2012 (page 1)
- Urgent MattersTo consider any matter not on the Agenda which the Chair of the meeting agrees should be considered as a matter of urgency due to special circumstances (if Members have any urgent matters they are asked to consult the Chair before the meeting commences).
- Public ParticipationThe Chair will allow members of the public to ask questions, make statements or present a petition on any matter on the agenda for this meeting or on any matter that falls within the Authority’s powers, subject to procedures set out in Appendix 3 to the Authority’s Standing Orders. Any member of the public who wishes to address the meeting under this item should notify Fiona MacLeod (contact details at the end of this agenda) not less than 24 hours before the commencement of the meeting (i.e. by 2.00 pm on the day preceding the meeting), and indicate in what capacity he or she would like to speak together with a contact telephone number.
- Need for Part II Exclusion of Press and PublicThe Authority is asked to consider whether, in respect of Agenda Item 18, the public, including the press, should be excluded from the meeting on the basis that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if a member of the public were present during the item there would be disclosure to them of exempt information within Paragraph 3 of Part I of Schedule12A to the Local Government Act 1972, being information relating to the financial and business affairs of the Authority, and that in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exempt information outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons set out in the report
- Chief Executive’s Progress ReportTo consider a report from the Chief Executive Officer (Report 01/13 page 7)
- Next Steps on Engagement for the South Downs National Park Management PlanTo receive a verbal update from the Director of Strategy and Partnerships
- South Downs National Park Local PlanTo consider a report from the Director of Planning (Report 02/13 page 11)
- Adoption of Joint East Sussex, South Downs, and Brighton & Hove Waste and Minerals PlanTo consider a report from the Director of Planning (Report 03/13 page 20)
- Adoption of the Joint Wealden District Core StrategyTo consider a report from the Director of Planning (Report 04/13 page 24)
- Protocol for Planning Committee Site VisitsTo consider a report from the Director of Planning (Report 05/13 page 28)
- Planning CommitteeTo note the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 8 November, 13 December 2012 and unconfirmed minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 17 January 2013, and receive a verbal update on the Planning Committee meeting held on 14 February 2013 (page 34)
- Resources and Performance CommitteeTo receive a verbal update on the Resources and Performance Committee meeting held on 13 February 2013
- Reports from Members Appointed to External BodiesTo consider reports from Members (page 60)
The paper for the next item is enclosed for Members of the Authority only (yellow paper). However, a summary of the matters dealt with under the Part II item referred to is attached for all recipients of the Agenda
- South Downs Centre Refurbishment
To consider a report from the Director of Corporate Services (Report 06/13 to follow). The report is not for publication as it contains exempt information within Paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972, being information relating to the financial and business affairs of the Authority, and that in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exempt information outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons set out in the report
Anyone wishing to speak at the meeting should register their request, by emailing the following information to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on the Monday before the meeting.
- Phone Number:
- Planning Application Number:
- Details of Proposed Development:
- Indicate if you are speaking in support or against the application:
- Who are you representing?:
- In the event that more than 3 people request to speak in favour or against an item it may be necessary for them to agree amongst themselves who should speak at the meeting. In order to facilitate this process we would ask you to confirm that you are happy with us sharing your name and e-mail address with other potential speakers. We will not share any other personal details with any other third parties.
- YES / NO (delete as appropriate)
Confirmation that you have registered to speak will be send after 12 noon deadline. Further information on public speaking and registering as a speaker.
Please note that there is no catering provision for members of the public during meal breaks. However there are cafes, pubs and shops in Midhurst town centre, approximately 5 minutes’ walk away.