Authority Meeting 17 Nov 2010
Location: Capron House, Midhurst
Date and time: 17 November 2010 2:00 PM
Rebecca Haynes, Member Services
Tel: 01730 811773 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Executive (National Park Officer)
The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations are in force, giving a right to members of the public to record (film, photograph and audio-record) and report on proceedings at committee meetings. Please read our protocol on Filming, Recording and Reporting of SDNPA Meetings Protocol for more information.
At the start of the meeting the Chair will make an announcement that the meeting may be filmed, recorded or photographed. Webcasting is undertaken in the public interest and in the exercise of our official authority, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed, recorded and photographed. If you have any queries regarding this please contact email@example.com
2. Declarations of Interests
Members and officers are invited to make any declarations of personal or prejudicial interests that they may have in relation to items on the agenda and are reminded to make any declaration at any stage during the meeting if it then becomes apparent that this may be required when a particular item or issue is considered.
3. Minutes – to approve as a correct record the minutes of the Authority meeting held on 28th September 2010 (page 5)
4. Urgent Matters
To consider any matter not on the Agenda which the Chair of the meeting agrees should be considered as a matter of urgency due to special circumstances (if members have any urgent matters they are asked to consult the Chair before the meeting commences).
5. Public Participation
The Chair will allow members of the public to ask questions, make statements or present a petition on any matter on the agenda for this meeting or on any matter that falls within the Authority’s powers, subject to procedures set out in Appendix 3 to the Authority’s Standing Orders. Any member of the public who wishes to address the meeting under this item should notify Fiona MacLeod (contact details at the end of this agenda) not less than 24 hours before the commencement of the meeting (i.e. by 2.00 pm on the day preceding the meeting), and indicate in what capacity he or she would like to speak together with a contact telephone number.
6. Appointment of New Authority Member
To consider a report from the Interim Director of Corporate Services (Report 27/10 page 9)
7. South Downs National Park Authority and Natural England Accord
To consider a report from the Interim Head of Strategy and Partnerships and note the contents of the Accord (Report 28/10 page 11)
8. Partnership and Engagement in the South Downs National Park
To consider a report from the Interim Chief Executive (Report 29/10 page 24)
9. Budget Update and Framework 2011/12
To consider a report from the Interim Chief Finance Officer (Report 30/10 page 53)
10. South Downs Joint Committee – Transition Plan
To consider a report from the Interim Director of Corporate Services (Report 31/10 page 60)
11. Planning Services for 1st April 2011
To note the report from the Interim Head of Planning (Report 32/10 page 65)
12. Planning Committee
To note the minutes from the Planning Committee meeting held on 11th October (page 81) and unconfirmed minutes from the Planning Committee meeting held on 8th November (to follow under separate cover)
13. Audit Committee
To note the unconfirmed minutes from the Audit Committee meeting held on 19th October (page 86)
14. Exclusion of Public and Press
The Authority is asked to consider whether, in respect of the following item, the public, including the press, should be excluded from the meeting on the grounds of exemption under Part I of Schedule12A to the Local Government Act 1972 as indicated against the item having regard to the reasons set out in the report
The papers for the next item are enclosed for members of the Authority only (yellow paper). However, a summary of the matters dealt with under the Part II item referred to is attached for all recipients of the Agenda
15. Part II Minutes – to approve as a correct record the Part II minutes of the Authority meeting held on 28th September 2010 (page 89). These minutes are not for publication as they contain exempt information within Paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972 being information relating to the financial and business affairs of the Authority.
Anyone wishing to speak at the meeting should register their request, by emailing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on the Monday before the meeting.
- Phone Number:
- Planning Application Number:
- Details of Proposed Development:
- Indicate if you are speaking in support or against the application:
- Who are you representing?:
- In the event that more than 3 people request to speak in favour or against an item it may be necessary for them to agree amongst themselves who should speak at the meeting. In order to facilitate this process we would ask you to confirm that you are happy with us sharing your name and e-mail address with other potential speakers. We will not share any other personal details with any other third parties.
- YES / NO (delete as appropriate)
Confirmation that you have registered to speak will be send after 12 noon deadline. Further information on public speaking and registering as a speaker.
Please note that there is no catering provision for members of the public during meal breaks. However there are cafes, pubs and shops in Midhurst town centre, approximately 5 minutes’ walk away.