Authority Meeting 13 Mar 2012
Location: Lewes Town Hall
Date and time: 13 March 2012 2:00 PM
Rebecca Haynes, Member Services
Tel: 01730 811773 Email: email@example.com
Chief Executive (National Park Officer)
The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations are in force, giving a right to members of the public to record (film, photograph and audio-record) and report on proceedings at committee meetings. Please read our protocol on Filming, Recording and Reporting of SDNPA Meetings Protocol for more information.
At the start of the meeting the Chair will make an announcement that the meeting may be filmed, recorded or photographed. Webcasting is undertaken in the public interest and in the exercise of our official authority, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed, recorded and photographed. If you have any queries regarding this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Declarations of Interests
Members and officers are invited to make any declarations of personal or prejudicial interests that they may have in relation to items on the agenda and are reminded to make any declaration at any stage during the meeting if it then becomes apparent that this may be required when a particular item or issue is considered.
3. Minutes – to approve as a correct record the minutes of the Authority meeting held on 13 December 2011 (page 1)
4. Urgent Matters
To consider any matter not on the Agenda which the Chair of the meeting agrees should be considered as a matter of urgency due to special circumstances (if members have any urgent matters they are asked to consult the Chair before the meeting commences).
5. Public Participation
The Chair will allow members of the public to ask questions, make statements or present a petition on any matter on the agenda for this meeting or on any matter that falls within the Authority’s powers, subject to procedures set out in Appendix 3 to the Authority’s Standing Orders. Any member of the public who wishes to address the meeting under this item should notify Fiona MacLeod (contact details at the end of this agenda) not less than 24 hours before the commencement of the meeting (i.e. by 2.00 pm on the day preceding the meeting), and indicate in what capacity he or she would like to speak together with a contact telephone number.
6. Business Plan 2012/13
To consider a report from the Chief Executive Officer (Report 01/12 page 6)
7. Budget 2012/13 and Medium Term Financial Strategy
To consider a report from the Chief Finance Officer (Report 02/12 page 23)
8. Treasury Management Policy Statement and Annual Investment Strategy 2012/13
To consider a report from the Chief Finance Officer (Report 03/12 page 38)
9. Review of Special Responsibility Allowance (SRA) for the Deputy Chair of the Planning Committee
To consider a report from the Director of Corporate Services (Report 04/12 page 46)
10. Appointment to the South Downs National Park Authority Planning Committee
To consider a report from the Director of Corporate Services (Report 05/12 page 49)
11. Planning Committee
To note the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 12 December 2011, 19 January 2012, and the unconfirmed minutes of the meeting held on 16 February 2012 (page 51)
12. Adoption of the Statement of Community Involvement
To consider a report from the Director of Planning (Report 06/12 page 72).
13. Recovery of the Development Management Service by the South Downs National Park Authority
To consider a report from the Director of Planning (Report 07/12 page 75).
14. Joint West Sussex Waste Plan
To consider a report from the Director of Planning (Report 08/12 page 83).
15. Standards Committee
To receive a verbal update on the Standards Committee meeting held on 27 February 2012 and consider the recommendations contained in report SC 01/12 (copy attached page 87) and in report SC 04/12 (copy attached together with an updated version of the Appendix, page 120)
16. Audit Committee
To note the unconfirmed of the Audit Committee held 18 January 2012 (page 128)
17. Resources & Performance Committee
To note the confirmed minutes of the Resources & Performance Committee dated 24 November 2011 and the unconfirmed minutes of the meeting held on 8 February 2012 (page 133)
18. Reports from Members Appointed to External Bodies
To consider reports from Members (Report 09/12 page 142)
TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE SOUTH DOWNS NATIONAL PARK AUTHORITY
For further information on any of the reports for this meeting, details of decisions taken, or future meetings, please contact Fiona MacLeod, Member Services Manager
Tel: 01730 811141
Anyone wishing to speak at the meeting should register their request, by emailing the following information to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on the Monday before the meeting.
- Phone Number:
- Planning Application Number:
- Details of Proposed Development:
- Indicate if you are speaking in support or against the application:
- Who are you representing?:
- In the event that more than 3 people request to speak in favour or against an item it may be necessary for them to agree amongst themselves who should speak at the meeting. In order to facilitate this process we would ask you to confirm that you are happy with us sharing your name and e-mail address with other potential speakers. We will not share any other personal details with any other third parties.
- YES / NO (delete as appropriate)
Confirmation that you have registered to speak will be send after 12 noon deadline. Further information on public speaking and registering as a speaker.
Please note that there is no catering provision for members of the public during meal breaks. However there are cafes, pubs and shops in Midhurst town centre, approximately 5 minutes’ walk away.