Authority Meeting 11 Dec 2012
Location: Cowdray Hall, Easebourne
Date and time: 11 December 2012 2:00 PM
Rebecca Haynes, Member Services
Tel: 01730 811773 Email: email@example.com
Chief Executive (National Park Officer)
The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations are in force, giving a right to members of the public to record (film, photograph and audio-record) and report on proceedings at committee meetings. Please read our protocol on Filming, Recording and Reporting of SDNPA Meetings Protocol for more information.
At the start of the meeting the Chair will make an announcement that the meeting may be filmed, recorded or photographed. Webcasting is undertaken in the public interest and in the exercise of our official authority, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed, recorded and photographed. If you have any queries regarding this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Declarations of InterestsTo enable Members to disclose to the meeting any disclosable pecuniary interest they may have in any matter on the agenda for the meeting, where that interest is not already entered in the Authority’s register of interest, and any other pecuniary or non-pecuniary interests in any such matter that Members may wish to disclose.
- Minutes – to approve as a correct record the minutes of the Authority meeting held on 18September 2012 (page 1)
- Urgent MattersTo consider any matter not on the Agenda which the Chair of the meeting agrees should beconsidered as a matter of urgency due to special circumstances (if Members have any urgent matters they are asked to consult the Chair before the meeting commences).
- Public Participation
The Chair will allow members of the public to ask questions, make statements or present a petition on any matter on the agenda for this meeting or on any matter that falls within the Authority’s powers, subject to procedures set out in Appendix 3 to the Authority’s Standing Orders. Any member of the public who wishes to address the meeting under this item should notify Fiona MacLeod (contact details at the end of this agenda) not less than 24 hours before the commencement of the meeting (i.e. by 2.00 pm on the day preceding the meeting), and indicate in what capacity he or she would like to speak together with a contact telephone number.
- Need for Part II Exclusion of Press and PublicThe Authority is asked to consider whether, in respect of Agenda Item 18, the public, including the press, should be excluded from the meeting on the basis that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if a member of the public were present during the item there would be disclosure to them of exempt information within Paragraph 1 of Part I of Schedule12A to the Local Government Act 1972, being information relating to an individual, and that in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exempt information outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons set out in the report
- Chief Executive’s Progress Report
To consider a report from the Chief Executive Officer (Report 28/12 page 6)
- Sustainable Communities Fund (SCF) and Major Partnership Fund (MPF)To receive a short presentation and consider a report from the Director of Strategy and Partnerships (Report 29/12 page 9)
- Local Sustainable Transport Fund (LTSF) South Downs National Park Authority Delivery
To consider a report from the Director of Strategy and Partnerships (Report 30/12 page 29)
- Localism Act 2011 – Changes to the Standards RegimeTo consider a report from the Monitoring Officer (Report 31/12 page 34). An Appendix to the Report containing exempt information regarding the appointment of an Independent Person is attached at Agenda Item 18 for Members of the Authority only
- Convergence of Planning Pre-Application and Section 106 Administration Charging RegimeTo consider a report from the Director of Planning (Report 32/12 page 42)
- South Downs National Park Authority Response to Ash Die Back DiseaseTo consider a report from the Director of Operations (Report 33/12 page 50)
- East Hampshire Joint Core Strategy – Way ForwardTo consider a report from the Director of Planning (Report 34/12 page 56)
- Planning Committee
The note the minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 13 September, 11 October 2012 and unconfirmed 8 November 2012 (page 60)
- Standards and Audit Committee
To note the unconfirmed minutes of the Standards and Audit Committee meeting held on 13 September 2012 (page 93)
- Resources and Performance CommitteeTo note the confirmed minutes of Resources and Performance Committee meeting held on 5 September 2012 and the unconfirmed minutes of the meeting held on 14 November 2012 (page 98)
- Reports from Members Appointed to External Bodies
To consider reports from Members (page 108)
Anyone wishing to speak at the meeting should register their request, using the Registration Form, no later than 24 hours before the meeting. Further information on public speaking and registering as a speaker.
Please note that there is no catering provision for members of the public during meal breaks. However there are cafes, pubs and shops in Midhurst town centre, approximately 5 minutes’ walk away.