Governance Committee Meeting 23 January 2015 Standards Assessment Sub Committee Meeting
Location: South Downs Centre, North Street, Midhurst, GU29 9DH
Date and time: 23 January 2015 2:00 PM
Louise Read, Monitoring Officer
Tel: 01962 847381 Email: Louise.Read@hants.gov.uk
Chief Executive (National Park Officer)
The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations are in force, giving a right to members of the public to record (film, photograph and audio-record) and report on proceedings at committee meetings. Please read our protocol on Filming, Recording and Reporting of SDNPA Meetings Protocol for more information.
At the start of the meeting the Chair will make an announcement that the meeting may be filmed, recorded or photographed. Webcasting is undertaken in the public interest and in the exercise of our official authority, by entering the meeting room and using the public seating area you are consenting to being filmed, recorded and photographed. If you have any queries regarding this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This meeting will be held in closed session and is not open to the public.
- Declarations of InterestsTo enable Members to disclose to the meeting any disclosable pecuniary interest they may have in any matter on the agenda for the meeting, where that interest is not already entered in the Authority’s register of interests, and any public service interest (as defined in Paragraph 18 of the Authority’s Code of Conduct) they may consider relevant to an item of business being considered at the meeting (such disclosure to be made at the commencement of the meeting, or when the interest becomes apparent).
- Urgent MattersTo consider any matter not on the Agenda which the Chair of the meeting agrees should be considered as a matter of urgency due to special circumstances (if Members have any urgent matters they are asked to consult the Chair before the meeting commences).
- Need for Part II Exclusion of Press and PublicThe Authority is asked to consider whether, in respect of Agenda Item 5, the public, including the press, should be excluded from the meeting on the basis that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if a member of the public were present during the items there would be disclosure to them of exempt information within Paragraph 1 of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972, being information relating to any individual, and that in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exempt information outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons set out in the Report.
The paper for the next item is enclosed for Members of the Authority only (yellow paper). However, a summary of the matters dealt with under the Part II item referred to below for all recipients of the Agenda.
- Allegation of Failure to Comply with the Members’ Code of ConductTo consider a report from the Monitoring Officer. The report is not for publication as it contains exempt information within Paragraph 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972, being information relating to any individual, and that in all the circumstances of the case, the public interest in maintaining the exempt information outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information, for the reasons set out in the report.
To all members of the Standards Assessment Sub Committee (Norman Dingemans, Sebastian Anstruther, Paul Yallop) and Graham Ault (Independent Person).
This meeting was adjourned at 16:05 on Friday 23 January and will reconvene at 09:00 on Tuesday 3 February 2015
Meeting papers to follow
Anyone wishing to speak at the meeting should register their request, by emailing the following information to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on the Monday before the meeting.
- Phone Number:
- Planning Application Number:
- Details of Proposed Development:
- Indicate if you are speaking in support or against the application:
- Who are you representing?:
- In the event that more than 3 people request to speak in favour or against an item it may be necessary for them to agree amongst themselves who should speak at the meeting. In order to facilitate this process we would ask you to confirm that you are happy with us sharing your name and e-mail address with other potential speakers. We will not share any other personal details with any other third parties.
- YES / NO (delete as appropriate)
Confirmation that you have registered to speak will be send after 12 noon deadline. Further information on public speaking and registering as a speaker.
Please note that there is no catering provision for members of the public during meal breaks. However there are cafes, pubs and shops in Midhurst town centre, approximately 5 minutes’ walk away.