Hit the Trail – Explore the Meon Valley
02 June 2018
10:00 to 15:00
Discover more about the multi-user Meon Valley Trail and some of the interesting places to visit along the route.
Join Hampshire Countryside Services, the South Downs National Park Authority and a host of other organisations for a FREE family event to discover the delights of the Meon Valley Trail and the surrounding area. There will be a range of activities organised by local groups throughout the day along the trail and in the surrounding villages.
Explore the South Downs National Park Authority’s events van at West Meon Station site, meet National Park Rangers and volunteers and try your hand at our new children’s activities.
Other events include:
- Guided walks along and around the Meon Valley Trail
- Starting in West Meon:
- Join Waltham Ramblers for the ‘Warnford Loop’ from West Meon – (7km) with permissive path through Warnford Park for the day. Stopping at St John’s House and Warnford Church along the way. Meet for start at 10:30 at West Meon station site. Option to cut short if required and catch the shuttle bus back. See the Warnfood Loop map for more detail.
- Join Hampshire 2030’s walkers for a guided walk around the area (7 km).
Meet for start at 13:00 from West Meon station site and arriving back at West Meon in time for the village fete. Bring sturdy footwear and a coat.
- Starting from Wickham:
- Join the Meon Ramblers for 2 guided walks starting at Wickham Community Centre car park (PO17 5AL). More details: Julian Noble Tel:07552-922472
Meet 09:30 (Start 09:45) Linear Walk (3 or 6 km) along Meon Valley Trail. Option of Minibus back to Wickham (subject to space).
Meet 13:45 (Start 14:00) – Circular Walk (6 km) Child friendly, dogs on lead. Sturdy shoes, coat and drink.
- West Meon Church Fete 14:00 – 16:30 for cream teas, jazz and stalls. £2 admission.
- Droxford Country Fair – 12:30 with falconry, archery and traditional stalls, BBQ and hog roast. £2 admission.
- Explore the Forestry Commission’s woodland at West Walk.
Meet the British Horse Society and local Pony Club members and learn how to pass horses safely on the trail.
Refreshments: Pubs and cafes are easily accessed from the trail. Refreshments will also be available at the Fair and Fete.