The South Downs is fantastic riding country. The chalk downland provides good going even after rain, and with miles of bridleways and byways, you can ride off-road for hours in some of the most beautiful countryside in England.
For your own and others’ safety and enjoyment, please follow these simple, commonsense guidelines:
Guide to Good Riding
- Always obey the Countryside Code
- Be considerate of local farmers and their stock
- Be courteous to other users
- Do not ride in large groups (never over 12)
- Do not jump hedgerows or fallen timber
- Take home all droppings and straw that may be left in the parking areas
You can find a list of registered and approved riding centre on the British Horse Society website.
If you are a local riding school and would like to be listed on this site, please do let us know by emailing email@example.com